Rotary Encoder LED Ring
The Rotary Encoder LED Ring is a position indicator for rotary encoders. Traditional knobs with indicator lines do not give accurate representation of an encoder’s value since rotary encoders have no start or end point.
Rotary encoders are used as input devices in applications where a single encoder has many functions or where a control responds to the rotation rate of an encoder. In these applications, the Rotary Encoder LED Ring offers a visual representation of how an encoder is reacting to the input as well as the current position or control value.
The Rotary Encoder LED Ring has thru-hole or shaft mounting for most standard encoders (see User Guide for compatibility) and uses a Texas Instruments TLC5925 shift regiseter to interface 16 LEDs to any microcontroller through SPI. A microcontroller can be programmed to output any desired sequence on the LEDs.
The User Guide and Arduino example code will get you started!
• Available in Red, Green, Yellow, and Blue
• Two encoder mounting methods: thru-hole solder or shaft mount
• Works with rotary encoders with or without push switch
• Fits knobs up to 3/4-inch in diameter
• Adjustable brightness with thru-hole resistor
• Dimensions: 38mm x 44mm (1.5" x 1.73")
• Input Voltage: 3V to 5.5V; Blue LED Model: 3.6V to 5.5V